Here is a basic camping checklist for a comfortable camping trip:
- Tent, sleeping bag and mat. Do a test run before leaving. Don’t forget the pegs and poles.
- Warm clothes and wet weather gear. Nothing ruins a holiday faster than being wet and cold.
- Water. Check the campsite supplies. If there’s no water, work on three litres per person per day. Take water purification tablets, just in case.
- Cooking and eating. A billy, a container and a spoon will get you through most meals.
- Matches or a lighter in a waterproof container.
- Toilet paper and a shovel.
- Map and compass.
For more tips, check out our Hiking Checklist. Or to indulge in comfortable camping where we provide all the gear so you walk into a campsite that’s ready for your arrival, see our two day Wattamolla Hiking Tour exploring the Royal National Park’s Coast Track.